Wednesday, March 5, 2014

TOUGH YEAR FOR CELTIC AND CAJUN MUSIC LOVERS

Well at least it is tough for yours truly.  Today is Ash Wednesday which means that the Mardi Gras - Carnivale parties are over for another year.  As much as I love bluegrass music I also enjoying playing a bit of Cajun stuff around Mardi Gras and then Celtic in preparation for St. Patrick's Day.  When the liturgical calendar makes Lent and Easter come early as it is this year it also makes only eleven days between Ash Wednesday and St. Paddie's Day. That is hardly enough time to eat the last of the jambalaya and get the corned beef and cabbage on the stove. Well, what the heck. Might as well just stick to bluegrass this year. That really ain't too bad. (BTW, I didn't make any jambalaya this year, but I had a huge pot of chicken and sausage gumbo cooked up to keep me warm through the recent cold spell. That weren't too bad, either.)

No comments:

Post a Comment