Thursday, February 26, 2015

MORE GLEN CAMPBELL A DOCUMENTARY FILM

In the previous post I neglected to mention that the song performed by Tim McGraw during the Academy Awards had been nominated in the "Best Song" category from the film, "I'll Be Me."  That is pretty darn exceptional for an artist in the throes of dementia, Mr. Glen Campbell.  Having now lived in portions of nine decades I find this quite inspiring. Here is more regarding that documentary:

The lights are still shining on “Rhinestone Cowboy” Glen Campbell in the new documentary “I’ll Be Me.” Get an inside look at what it was like as the Country Music Hall of Famer toured while battling Alzheimer’s…

After Glen Campbell disclosed in 2011 that he has Alzheimer’s disease, he didn’t retreat from public life. Instead, the country singer embarked on a 151-city tour that became his love letter to his fans.

“The amazing thing about Glen was that he was the first public figure to come and say, ‘I have Alzheimer’s, and I’m going to continue to show people that I can still live a full life and perform and be creative,’” says Trevor Albert, producer of “I’ll Be Me,” the recently released documentary that captured the tour.

What was intended to be a five-week tour turned into a 2-½-year journey for the filmmakers, who captured more than 1,400 hours of footage.



No comments:

Post a Comment