Sunday, April 6, 2014

CHARLIE PRIDE AND OTHER TALL TALES FROM ROGER

If you have just read my last post on the Red Ants Pants Festival you have read that a 2014 headliner would be none other than Charlie Pride. Old Charlie has  had an amazing history dating from his birth in Mississippi to becoming a professional baseball player in Missoula and later moving to Helena, MT and then going on to a virtually improbable career as a nationally acclaimed country singer and member of the Grand Old Opry.

I will not bore you with my own personal "Charlie Pride" story  back then when I was a teacher-coach in Helena, MT. That was back when Charlie was just another wannebe on the streets of Helena. That was also back when I, as a young fellow, was pursuing all those gorgeous telephone employees of MTN Bell in Helena. (Never did catch one!)  But, prepare your selves, it will soon be forth coming. (Sorry to my buddies who have heard my old stories over and over again,  But what the hell, I have to listen to yours, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment