Saturday, May 17, 2014

WHISKEY BEFORE BREAKFAST LARRY LARSON?

At last nights jam at the Lincoln, LaLonnie Larson began picking out Whiskey Before Breakfast on her mandolin so hubby Larry could add his lyrics to this old fiddle tune. As Highway 302 has been scheduled to play at the Blue Cat Bar and Grill in June I couldn't resist cajoling Larry that he could have a whiskey before breakfast while setting up in Huntley or at least after 8 AM. ( The fun of it all was that I am pretty sure that old Larry is far too smart to drink.) It still got a laugh from some of the other jammers though.

On another topic you know, I can consume good healthy food with the best of them, chia, sunflower, flax and many other seeds plus nuts, tofu, humuus, kimchi, etc., you name it. I eat all that good stuff and I really do.  But, I have also often gotten on my soapbox before about being a culture freak. If you want to enjoy the maximum of any form of music then add the other cultural aspects, too including foods. So after listening, looking, and blogging about Junior Sisk and the other BIG BOYS in his band I have been cooking up some collard greens with sausage and cheese grits. It just doesn't get more "south in your mouth" than that. BTW, please send condolences to my family and cardiologist when my name come up in the obits section of the newspaper. Tell them that I died full and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment