Tuesday, August 5, 2014

SLOWLY HEALING AND MISSING GOOD PICKING DANG IT!

For the first time in years I missed the annual "Fiddlers Picnic" in Livingston last weekend. It was started more than three decades ago by "Doc Allison" and has been continued by Dave and Candy Payne. There are fiddles there for sure, but even more bluegrass and country picking goes on. Having spent too much time in the sun years ago, before sunscreen, I am now experiencing "Mohs Surgery" to remove basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas, aka skin cancer. Three weeks ago the surgeon at the Billings Clinic had to cut out about 1/3 of my lower lip to remove all the cancer cells. The healing  has been progressing as well as can be expected and it will look just fine when finally healed. Now I am thinking about whether I will be able to go to Columbus for the annual "Musician's Rendezvous" honoring it's founder and my old friend, the late Aaron Strange. Even if I can't stay and play I would like to drive over to listen and take some photos. AND y'all stay out of the sun as much as possible and wear protective hats, clothing, and sunscreen when you cannot.
BTW, that may be one reason I have not been blogging much recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment