Tuesday, August 5, 2014

WILLOW LEE, BLUEGRASS LIFE & FACEBOOK

FACEBOOK is an interesting social media site.  I wasn't at all interested in it, but my kids wanted me to get aboard.  For a couple of years I did absolutely nothing with it. Eventually I received enough e-mail regarding my songwriter/musician son in Nashville that I began checking in more often. My page lists bluegrass among my interests so I get lots of BG stuff. Several months ago I was asked to "like" Willow Lee on FB. I knew nothing about Willow Lee, but thought this may be a BG singer and I should check "her" out. It turns out that it is a barely teen banjo girl named Willow Osborne and her much older brother Lee Marcus. They have intermediate skills musically, but are very enthusiastic about bluegrass. Their family has another site called "Bluegrass Life."  If you have a FB account you may want to click onto "BG Life." It has lots of info and trivia related to BG music and performers. On another front, those on Facebook who make multiple posts daily need to be aware that anyone who has "friended" you will automatically receive ALL of these posts. Before you assume that they will all agree with any highly opinionated and/or controversial, political or religious beliefs of yours reconsider before posting them. I recently UNfriended an actual bluegrass friend as I was tired of plowing through all her political and religious posts. I had become fatigued of clicking through pages and pages which I did not agree with or was simply not interested in. Now they are gone and I am enjoying postings from my family and other friends once again. Sorry about that, but it needed saying.  

No comments:

Post a Comment