Tuesday, September 29, 2015

FINALLY BLOG PHOTOS OF ELKS JAMS

                                            Billings Elks Lodge view from Lewis Avenue

My post of September 20 lamented my frustration with an inability to  download photos from my digital cameras onto Windows 10.  While I still cannot do that, I have found a "duct tape and baling wire" solution - well figuratively speaking at least. I tried using my old XP machine to download from my camera then putting those shots onto a USB flashdrive. It took some time for me to understand how to download that drive onto Windows 10, but I finally had success. It is very primitive, but that is the best my old brain could come up with. It would be nice if I could use my router however I think my old XP computer would need internet access which it no longer has. It was still no "piece of cake" as blogspot would not accept my new Windows 10 browser.  Fortunately I could easily import my Firefox info and use Firefox to get my photos up.  Well at least I can now get my digital cameras back to recording bluegrass activities once again. Whew! (Probably only real techies like Trent Indreland know what the hell I am writing about here.  Still not sure that I do!)

                                                   First jam at the Billings Elks. 

Door shown is right on the south parking lot. Vehicles can be parked right at the door. This is very convenient. Pickers can still park in the front lot and come all the way down through the Lodge, but most are preferring to drive around to the back. We can now enter any time from before 7 PM until 9 PM. Many pickers and listeners have been taking advantage of this feature. I hope to see you all there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment