Sunday, September 20, 2015

NO PHOTOS - SORRY

I have taken photos of the new YBA jams at the Billings Elks Lodge however they have not been shown on this blog. I have complained about my old e-Machine computer running Windows XP in past posts and suggested this blog might soon go dark.  It was just giving me too many problems. I finally broke down, shook the cobwebs out of my wallet, and bought a new one which is much better - with a few notable exceptions. It resulted in Facebook giving me a NEW account with no friends, posts, or history and totally shutting me off from my old account. As a result I told Facebook to shove it, or at least to close my account(s) which is about the same. A new machine made it seem obvious that updating as much as possible was the only sensible thing to do. So now I have Windows 10 as my OS. That is great EXCEPT I cannot find any way to download photos from my digital cameras onto my new computer and then onto this blog. Windows 10 seems to only accept new photos from wireless cameras. So I could shoot with my cell phone, but I have much better digital cameras than that.  If anyone knows of a way to download digital camera photos onto Windows 10 I would certainly appreciate hearing about it. My current state of research seems to indicate that the camera companies will need to develop firmware for each camera model to download to Windows 10. Neither Nikon or Canon (my cameras) have done so at this time. I do still have available my old photos from this blog so I may occasionally stick a stock file photo on a new post. Thank you for bearing with me on this. One way or another I plan on including photos with many future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment