Monday, February 3, 2014

January 31st YBA Jam ? ? ?

In an earlier post I commented on the good turnouts for the January YBA jams in Billings. Well last Friday, January 31, 2014, I arrived at the Lincoln Center about 6:45 PM. No one was at the door. The previous two Fridays door openers were there about 6:30. After sitting in my car and seeing few other vehicles parked nearby after about 10 minutes I checked on the door and still no one.  The jams are scheduled from 7 to 9 PM. When 7 PM arrived and still no one showed up I quit and just drove home.  What is the deal, YBA? I was planning on making sure a fiddle was present at most jams in 2014, just as I did a couple years ago. A fiddle is basic to most well known bluegrass bands. Yes, there had been a snow storm last week and it was a bit chilly, but I had no difficulty with the plowed streets. Next Friday, February 7, I certainly won't waste my time and gas to head down there again. A round trip is 9 or 10 miles for me. We will have more snow and very cold below zero weather for much of the week. Has the YBA adopted some new "fair weather" policy? If so will some please clue me in?  I did see about 4 others trying to get in last Friday. Thank you for letting me vent on this subject. I told you a blog is a type of journal and this comment is an example of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment