Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Reason for closing of YBA Friday jams

YBA board member, Edd Tremblay, has explained that the Lincoln Jams are closed due to an asbestos problem in the building. An e-mail was sent out to paid up members. I had better pay some dues if I want to be informed about YBA matters similar to this. Thanks Edd. I hope that clears it up for any others who did not receive that e-mail. BTW, it is not surprising that there is asbestos there. I attended junior high there in the late 1940's and my parents had gone there when it was Billings High School back in 1930. Asbestos was a common construction material and was used as insulation around heating pipes as well as in plaster and later ceiling tiles. It is cancer causing if fibers are inhaled including other respiratory problems, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment