Thursday, February 13, 2014

WHERE IN THE HECK IS JAMES DODD?

I had asked that question to several pickers in this area and they all just shrugged their shoulders. I got my answer last Saturday in Missoula.  There he was in the flesh, Jimmy Dodd!
James was devastated nearly a decade ago when the  first love of his life, his wife, was stricken with a deadly disease which first took both of her legs and later her life. The last time I saw her was at the wedding of Archie and Barbara Bott at the White Bird School House where she asked me to play "Faded Love" on my fiddle.  It is now great to know that he has recovered from that tragic event and moved on.  Jimmy shook my hand with a big grin and introduced me to his new lovely wife.  He said they had currently been living in Belgrade, but were planning to move to Missoula quite soon. If we want to see and hear him  growl out those lyrics and play his dobro or guitar again we will probably have to head to western Montana. Best wishes to you and your lovely wife, Jimmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment