Monday, February 15, 2016

MANY GOOD PICKERS RAVE ABOUT STEVE KAUFMAN'S WORKSHOPS

 
Register This Weekend
 
Classes Offered for Beginner through Advanced
Lead and Rhythm Guitar
and Beginner Mandolin
 

 
Steve's Online Group Lessons - Live
 
New Classes Start this
Monday through Thursday

Six-Weeks - Live Online Group Lesson Sessions

Guitar and Mandolin Pickers
 
 
You can register now. Like RIGHT now. Our teaching system is so seamless, you can also register up to 10 minutes before class.
 
Many of you know my fun and jam packed instructional style through my best selling Homespun and Mel Bay instructional materials. 
 
These classes are going great and and are lots of fun for all. You may learn more with my lessons than other instructors and one of the reasons is I remember what it was like when I was at whatever stage of playing you are at. I remember the frustrations and I remember how I overcame them.
 
I am available now through these Live Online classes to help and guide you over the humps and hurdles that you must get over in order to play and have more fun.
 
Register today! Get started now. (See Details Below or click HERE).
 
If you've ever wanted to get started playing guitar or mandolin, here is the perfect time to start.
Total Beginners through Advanced can benifit from my classes (we hope) so register today.
 
These classes are Live. We use Go To Training for the classes. These are not skippy or jumpy Skype lessons.
  1. You get the class recorded and posted to YouTube to review.
  2. You get a PDF of the class materials,
  3. You get short videos of me playing your lesson downloaded through DropBox.
  4. You also get 100% support either through GoToTraining or through me.
Eight New Classes Offered
Six Weeks of Classes - One Hour a Week
Less that $30 per session -  A Quarter the Price of Private Lessons with Steve

Register For Beginner Guitar Rhythm 101
Info and Register HERE
Start Date - Monday, February 15

Register For Intermediate Guitar Rhythm 103
Info and Register HERE
Start Date - Monday, February 15

Register For Lead Guitar Beginner 101
Click HERE
Start Date - Tuesday, February 16

Register For Lead Guitar Upper Beginner 103
Info and Register HERE
Start Date - Tuesday, February 16

Register For Intermediate Lead Guitar 201
Info and Register HERE

Start Date - Wednesday, February 17

Register For Mid Intermediate Lead Guitar 203
Info and Register HERE
Start Date - Wednesday, February 17

Register For Beginner Mandolin Lead and Rhythm-SessionInfo and Register HERE
Start Date - Thursday, February 18

Register For Upper Intermediate Lead Flatpicking Guitar
NOTE: Only register for this class if you have completed Steve's 201, 202 and 203 Classes
Info and Register HERE

Start Date - Thursday, February 18

Register Today for February Live Group Guitar and Mandolin Lessons!
 
Register HERE
 
You will feel like you are the only one in the room. Totally Live and Interactive Classes
 
For Info See Below

 


 
New One Time Class Offered
I've also scheduled another Tunes and Technique class for Guitar. It will be the first Saturday in March. Simply called"Rhythm Guitar - Backing up a Singer. Backing up an Instrumentalist. What to do and not to do".

Catchy title, huh?

March 5 at 11am-noon EST.
Only $40. 

You will get:
The One-Hour Class Youtube Link to review the class after the fact.
MP4 Videos of the lessons played and explained via Dropbox
PDFs of the lesson materials
This is a Live and Interactive Hour of Back-Up information and practice techniques.
 
Register HERE


 
Notes and Letters from Past Participants.
 
I'm really enjoying the lessons. I like the way you are using the tunes as vehicles to teach us concepts that we can then use universally in our playing rather than teaching a particular way to play a particular tune.  I have already signed up for the next set.
JM from Bowmanville, Ontario

Steve- I've really enjoyed the lessons.  I thank you for all of your work! The lessons were well presented, thoughtfully progressive and a great way to learn from the comfort of my own cluttered computer room ! I would and have recommended you guitar series . Thanks 
PG from Rome, GA



Great class tonight.  I really appreciate how you show us where else these substitutions could fit, i.e. E blues, etc.  One of my many challenges is that when I hear a song, especially if I like the break, everything else sounds “wrong”.  You are really helping me break out of that closed-mindedness.  Thanks.
JM from Reno, NV


Just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed and learned from your class.  You are the best!  
I have taken lessons from several teachers over the years but none have specialized in bluegrass. I felt like I was being bogged down with a lot of material that really didn't relate to  bluegrass. It was so refreshing to see that all the material you taught was spot-on for bluegrass. I can play all the material pretty well now but need to work on increasing the speed and memorizing it all. Excited to see that I will end up with a great collection of tunes I can play with and for family and friends.
JK from Delta, UT


Hi Steve. 
One of the things I really appreciate about this instruction is that there is so much support. The you tube video as well as written tab and standard notation for every song was a real plus.When you gave us “add ons” you helped us document the ideas. This relieved tension related to needing to remember everything at the moment and made the class much more relaxed. I was able to   absorb more at the time as well as go back and refresh from the video.
In all it was a very good experience and I look forward to the next class for rhythm guitar and lead guitar. 
Best wishes,
Nancy B from Tucson, AZ

I really like the classes. At first thought it might be too basic (I've been playing for quite some time) but am discovering that your course material is deceptively difficult. And I've also come to realise that knowing chord shapes and 'noodling' around is NOT the same as actually knuckling down and learning a song. 
Already I feel that my strumming is much better as I'm much more confident and sure ‎with my right hand. The flicking water technique is very good. 
LP from Ontario, Canada


Hi Steve
Just thought I’d share my initial thoughts on the online training.
I think it’s working great. I really appreciate being able to get the insights of someone of your calibre as far away as Australia. One of my great frustrations over nearly forty years of struggling with guitar is that it is very hard to find someone who structures their instruction in a logical and progressive way. I like your 101-102 approach. It helps me feel like I will progress if I follow the course and practice every day.
My project over the last three months or so has been trying got get down fiddle tunes from your first parking lot pickers Book and CDs, then play along with your bluegrass play-along CD (Four-Hour Bluegrass Work-Out). I really enjoy it and have 15 down now but I can only play the slow versions. I crash at 180-190 BPM. My long term goal is to get up to 240 so I can play fiddle tunes at speed.  I nearly fell off my chair when you said you can play at 400 BPM!
Of course now I’m trying to concentrate on the proper technique, I've slowed down but I guess someones you need to slow down first  to speed up. So it’s good to go back to the simple songs and picking exercises to get the technique correct.
Anyway thanks! I’m loving the course.
Thanks again,
SS from Kingston, Australia 

Just finished the second of Steve Kaufman's online video classes. Great stuff!. 
It's not really like a workshop, but more like one on one with Steve. 
It's in real time and you can ask questions in real time but you can still have the video on file as a reference. 
Very enjoyable.
JS from Mechanicsville, TN

Thanks again.  I love this song (Kentucky Waltz).  But it is harder than it sounds!  I am really enjoying these online lessons.  I have most of Steve's books and have been to one of his workshops (Townsend, TN), but for some reason, these online lessons seem to be helping me more than anything I have done.  I guess it is the focus and having the lesson on youtube to view several times during the week.  But also, these audio files you send are great to play along with over and over. 
Thanks again and again,
KH from Waleska, GA


I'm really enjoying the classes! Loving the song choices, too. Looking forward to continuing in 102 classes.
KL

I'm looking forward to Lead tonight. I've never heard Jesus is Coming Soon. What a great beginners tune with chord variety etc.
Thanks and I must say thus far your online classes have been Home Runs!
JM from Davis,Ca.
 
Rhythm 101.  A great experience.  As you know I have been playing for some time now, but I really gained a lot out of this class.  I'm not sure if all of your students realize just how much information and instruction is provided through this approach.  I plan on using this information with Finale to change keys (as needed) and BPM to develop practice tracks.  It is one thing to play these pieces at a slow speed, but once I get them memorized (off the paper) I will be able to play to the audio, increasing my speed.  That in itself is about two years or more of enjoyment and a significant addition to my repertoire.  I also anticipate that I will be closer to being able to play rhythm to songs that I don't know - on the fly!
 
The use of bass walks, seventh chords, alternate chords, learning the chord progression 4 measures at a time, and "tricks" that you provided were great - just what I needed at this time in my journey.  The individualized input is also great - "Chuck's right hand death grip" (I'll work on that).
 
I'm looking forward to Rhythm 102 - see you soon and once again Thank you.
Chuck B - Durand, IL

What Folks Say About Steve
“As a professional guitar teacher, Kaufman has perfected his teaching skills as much as his picking technique.”  Bluegrass Unlimited

Kaufman patiently teaches and extols the virtues of melodic guitar playing. He also shows that you don’t need an electric guitar and an amp. to be electrifying on the guitar.”  The Music Paper

“Kaufman has a low key, friendly way of presenting his material and he is usually clear in stating his ideas.” California Traditional Music Society

“Kaufman is a formidable player, and the accomplished flatpicker can use his books for guitar contests, for technical exercises, or to develop picking speed and fingerboard knowledge.”  Acoustic Guitar

“Steve Kaufman is great; the boy can pick. He knows what good music is.” Doc Watson
“Kaufman is a monster player. Fluid at any speed and in all registers, he also commands a fine sense of melody which imbues his improvising with a lushness that eludes many flashy guitarists.”  The Chicago Tribune

“Kaufman’s playing is spectacular. His speed is astounding, more so because he never sacrifices tone, never lets his notes blur together. He makes his acoustic guitar a versatile, expressive lead instrument.” Arkansas Gazette

“Steve is one of the best young flatpickers in the country. And along with his flair for the hot and flashy, he has some additional ammunition like power, clarity and musical taste.”  Dan Crary

“The tone and phrasing is excellent and most important- the melodic sense is superb. You certainly set some high standards for all of us to aspire to.”  John Hartford

Join Us for Web Group Lessons.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment